12 Signs You Are Desperate for College Football
June 30th, 2014| by Lost Lettermen
By Jim Weber
It’s been over six months since the BCS title game and there’s still 59 days left until 2014 kicks off, making it feel like the season might never get here.
With the World Cup the only thing keeping us sane as sports fans right now, here’s 12 Signs You Are Desperate for College Football.
1. Instead of counting down to summer, you’re counting down to the end of summer
Your high school self would probably kick your ass for saying this.
2. When you wake up on a beautiful Saturday morning and realize “College GameDay” isn’t on, you groan, roll over and go back to sleep
Saturday mornings just aren’t worth waking up for without these four.
3. When you flip through channels on Wednesday night, you think to yourself, “What I wouldn’t give for some MACtion right now…”
Actually, you say that every night. But Wednesdays in particular…
4. When people say the college football season starts on August 28th, you correct them and say the season actually starts on August 27th with Abilene Christian at Georgia State
7:00 PM on ESPNU. Get your popcorn ready…
5. You’ve read every major college football preview magazine cover to cover – including the Sun Belt section
Ole Miss (9.13) and Boise State (9.20) better watch their backs for the Ragin’ Cajuns!
6. While looking for sports to watch on a summer Saturday afternoon, you come across a show called “Have a Turkey Neck?” – and leave the channel on
There’s something oddly hypnotizing about watching people jiggle skin from their neck.
SEC football on CBS > “Have a Turkey Neck?” on CBS pic.twitter.com/vdz9qB4O5n
— LostLettermen.com (@LostLettermen) June 14, 2014
7. You watch old games on ESPNU and say to yourself, “Since I don’t remember who won this game, it’s basically live…”
Keep telling yourself that.
8. The fact that EA Sports isn’t releasing a college football video game this year has ruined the best part of your summer
You can never convince me all the EA college football games are the exact same, dammit!
9. When your World Cup-obsessed friends now refer to soccer as “football,” it takes everything in your power not to unleash a fit of rage
And them explaining that “football” as a name makes more sense for soccer is the last straw.
10. You’ve listened to CBS’ college football theme song on YouTube
The only thing standing between this and the title of “best sports theme song ever” is John Tesh.
11. You’re watching Wimbledon just to size up Chris Fowler’s play-by-play abilities for “Saturday Night Football”
And keep waiting for him to say, “YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE at Centre Court of the All England Club!!!”
12. You actually take the time to read a ridiculous article called “12 Signs You Are Desperate for College Football”
See what I did there? Hang in there folks, just two more months to go…